300 g (10 0z) dried borlotti beans
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
300 g (10 oz) baby cuttlefish, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise
3 plum tomatoes, peeled, not seeded, and chopped
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf italian parsley
salt and pepper
1. Soak the beans in water overnight. Drain, place the beans in a saucepan and cover with fresh water.
2. Bring to a slow boil and cook for about 1 1/2 hours. Drain and reserve.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for about 3 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add the cuttlefish to the pan. Saute over a high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring, then add the tomatoes and the beans and lower the heat to medium.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with the parsley, mix gently and arrange on a platter. Serve immediately.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!