25 g (1 oz) margarine
2 tablespoons rolled oats
2 medium onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) stock or water
salt and pepper
little milk (optional)
chopped parsley to garnish
1. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and fry the oats until lightly browned.
2. Add the vegetables, water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Sieve the soup and return to the pan.
4. Stir in a little milk, if liked, and reheat.
5. Serve garnished with parsley.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!