1 lb (450 g) pork fillet, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
350 g (12 oz) canned pineapple cubes
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 green or red pepper, blanched, cored, seeded and cut into squares
4 oz (100 g) small button mushrooms
boiled rice to serve
1. Put the pork cubes in a shallow dish.
2. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the can syrup.
3. Mix the syrup with the vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and pour over the pork cubes. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. When ready to cook, thread the pork cubes onto skewers alternately with the pineapple cubes, pepper squares and mushrooms. Add 2 bay leaves to each skewer.
5. Grill gently for about 15 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with the marinade to keep the meat moist.
6. Serve with rice and a green salad.