25 g (1 oz) margarine
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
60 g (2 1/4 oz) canned tomato puree
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt chicken stock
8 oz (225 g) mushrooms, sliced
4 oz (100 g) cooked ham, diced
2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
1 bay leaf
8 oz (225 g) spaghetti
grated Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, stock, mushrooms, ham, herbs, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender.
4. Drain well and turn into a warmed serving dish.
5. Remove the bay leaf from the sauce and pour over the spaghetti.
6. Serve with Parmesan cheese.