serves 6 - 8
6 egg yolks
1 cup (225 g) 1/2 lb caster sugar (superfine granulated)
finely grated rind and juice of 2 small oranges
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 1/4 cup (300 ml) 1/2 pint double cream (heavy cream)
crystallized or fresh fruit
1. Put the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof basin over a pan of hot water and whisk until the mixture is light, creamy and thick.
2. Gradually whisk in the fruit rinds and juices. Remove from the heat. Cool.
3. Whip the cream until thick and fold into the whisked mixture.
4. Turn into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) basin, cover and freeze until hard.
5. To serve, turn out onto a serving plate and decorate with crystallized or fresh pieces of orange and lemon and whipped cream.
6. Leave to thaw at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!