1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml stock
6 very thin lemon slices
3 oz (75 g) mixed dried fruit or sliced pineapple
1/4 teaspoon Mixed Spice (All Spice / Pumpkin pie spice)
75 ml (2 fl oz) sherry
2 thick gammon (ham) slices, cut into serving pieces
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
2. Cook for 2 minutes, then gradually stir in the stock.
3. Bring to the boil. Add the lemon slices, fruit, spice and sherry and stir well.
4. Put the gammon pieces in a buttered casserole and pour over the sauce.
5. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 160°C (325°F) Gas mark 3 for 1 hour.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!