8 small best end neck cutlets (8 rib or arm chops)
275 ml (1/2pt) natural (plain) yogurt
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed with a pinch sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 small cucumber
15 ml (1 tbls) chopped mint
2 bunches mint for garnish
1. Trim the chops. Mix half the yogurt with the cumin, coriander, garlic and pepper.
2. Put it into a shallow dish. Coat the chops in the marinade and leave them for 3 hours at room temperature, turning them several times.
3. To make the accompanying sauce, cut the cucumber into long quarters and cut away the seeds. Finely chop the rest.
4. Mix the chopped cucumber and mint into the remaining yogurt and season with the pepper.
5. Preheat the grill (broiler) to high.
6. Lay the chops on the hot rack and cook them, close to the heat, for 1 minute on each side.
7. Move the rack down and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes on each side.
8. Put the chops onto a serving dish and garnish them with the mint sprigs.
9. Serve the sauce separately.