Pastry dough, to fit an 8-inch pie pan
4 medium desert apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup (60 g) plain flour sifted (All purpose)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Line an 8-inch pie pan or heatproof baking dish with the pie dough; prick the dough with the tines of a fork.
2. In a bowl, mix together the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
3. In a second bowl, mix together the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the unsalted butter; work these ingredients together with a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.
4. Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture and smooth over the surface. Spoon the crumble over the apple mixture so that the apples are completely covered.
5. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over the crumble. Bake for 25 minutes.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!