These Sponge Fingers are meant to be added to Trifles, not to be eaten on there own.
Take no notice of the rating.
fat for greasing
caster sugar (superfine granulated) for dusting
3/4 cup (100 g) 4 oz plain flour (All purpose)
pinch of salt
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup (100 g) 4 oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1. Grease 18 sponge finger tins and dust lightly with caster sugar.
2. Sift the flour with the salt.
3. Set the oven at 160°c (325°f) gas 3.
4. Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale and thick.
5. Lightly fold in half the sifted flour mixture.
6. In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites to firm peaks.
7. Fold very lightly into the yolk mixture with the remaining flour.
8. Half fill the tins.
9. Bake for 12 minutes.
10. Leave to cool slightly before transferring the sponge fingers to a wire rack to cool completely.
34 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!