2 cups (225 g) 8 oz flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
75 to 100 g (3 to 4 oz) shredded suet
2 onions, chopped
6 bacon rashers, rinded
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. Mix in the suet, then bind with water.
3. Roll out the dough into an oblong.
4. Cover with the onions and bacon, leaving a margin clear around the edge.
5. Sprinkle with the sage, salt and pepper.
6. Dampen the edges and roll up.
7. Tie in a cloth and boil for 2 hours, or steam wrapped in greaseproof paper for 3 hours.