4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
2 tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
salt and pepper
4 back bacon rashers, rinded
425 g (15 oz) canned tomatoes
1 1/4 cup (300 ml) 1/2 pint chicken stock
1 tablespoon arrowroot
4 oz (100 g) mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1. Beat each chicken breast with a mallet to flatten.
2. Place a tomato half on each breast and sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Roll up the breasts, then wrap a bacon rasher around each and secure with a wooden cocktail stick.
4. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and pour over the tomatoes and stock.
5. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
6. Drain off the cooking liquid into a saucepan.
7. Mix the arrowroot with a little water and add to the pan.
8. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
9. Pour this sauce back over the chicken.
10. Cover with the cheese slices and sprinkle with the marjoram.
11. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!