20 cm round ready made Christmas cake
Christmas cake board
2 tbsp apricot glaze
400 g pack ready rolled marzipan
450 g pack ready rolled white Icing
1/2 pack ready to roll white Icing
1/4 ready to roll coloured Icing
1 pack Christmas cake decorations
1 medium egg white, beaten
1 1/2 cups (225 g) icing sugar (confectioners sugar), sifted
1/4 spoon lemon juice
assorted food colouring
1 tsp (5 ml) granulated sugar
1 length of ribbon
icing sugar (confectioners sugar), to dredge
1. Place the cake on to the cake board, levelling off the raised top with a sharp knife.
2. Brush a thin layer of the warmed apricot glaze over the cake. Unroll the maripan and lift onto the cake using a rolling pin. Smooth on all sides to remove any trapped air bubbles. Trim the base edge and leave to dry for 1 hour.
3. Brush the marizpan with a little cooled boiled water. Unroll the icing and use a rolling pin to lift onto the cake. Smooth down and trim.
4. Make the snowman using the ready to roll white icing as illustrated. Make the parcels with the ready to roll coloured icing making the parcel ribbons, labels etc., in different contrsting colours. Some parcels may be sprayed with the edible food sprays.
5. Make the icing quickly by mixing the egg white,icing sugar and lemon juice togther. Spoon the icing onto half the cake and rough it up to form peaks of snow and sprinkle over the sugar to make it glisten.
6. Place on the snow man and secure in place using a little of the icing.
7. Paint features like eyes onto the snowman using edible colouring and making other feature like scarves, hats, noses etc., with the Ready to Roll Cloured Icing.
8. Place the parcels and Supercook Cake Decorations next to the snowman in piles. If any icing is left over use to write Happy Christmas. Tie around the middle a length of ribbon to decorate.
9. Finally, sieve over a little icing sugar to look like snow.
20 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!