1 cup (225 g) 1/2 lb sugar
1 pint (600 ml) water
1 1/4 cup (150 g) 5 ozdessert apples, peeled and sliced
150 g (5 oz) William pears, peeled and sliced
4 oz (100 g) raspberries
4 oz (100 g) strawberries
4 oz (100 g) red cherries, stoned (seeded)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Dissolve the sugar in the water in a saucepan.
2. Add the apples and pears and cook gently until tender.
3. Transfer the fruit to a glass bowl with a slotted spoon.
4. Add the raspberries and strawberries to the pan and poach gently. Transfer to the bowl.
5. Add the cherries to the pan and poach gently, then tip into the bowl.
6. Stir in the lemon juice and cool. Serve cold with cream.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!