8 oz (225 g) streaky bacon rashers, rinded
750 g (1 1/2 lb) thinly cut steak, cut into small oblongs
salt and pepper
lard for frying
2 onions, sliced
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml stock
1 tablespoon vinega
1. Lay a rasher of bacon on each steak oblong, then sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
2. Roll up the meat and tie with string.
3. Melt lard in a frying pan and fry the rolls until browned on all sides.
4. Add the onion and continue frying until softened, then stir in the stock and vinegar.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
6. Remove the strings and serve the rolls with the cooking liquor, slightly thickened if you like.