makes about 30
4 oz (100 g) margarine
1/4 cup (50 g) 2 oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 3/4 cup (170 g) 6 1/2 oz plain flour (All purpose)
25 g (1 oz) ground rice
25 g (1 oz) custard powder
caster sugar (superfine granulated) for sprinkling
1. Cream together the margarine and sugar.
2. Beat in the salt and vanilla essence.
3. Sift together the flour, ground rice and custard powder and work into the creamed mixture.
4. Roll out to 5 mm (1/4 inch) thickness and cut into shapes with biscuit cutters.
5. Place on greased baking sheets and prick well.
6. Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 for 15 minutes.
7. Dust with caster sugar, then leave to cool.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!