12 sheets of lasagne
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, sliced
4 oz (100 g) mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3 bay leaves
3 chicken portions, cooked, skinned and boned
1 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
450 ml (3/4 pint) milk
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt natural yogurt
4 oz (100 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cook the lasagne in boiling salted water until tender. (A little oil added to the water will prevent the sheets of pasta from sticking together.)
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened.
3. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the spices, bay leaves, salt and pepper, then mix in the chicken (shredded or chopped).
5. Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
6. Drain the lasagne and spread out on paper towels.
7. Make alternate layers of lasagne and the chicken mixture in a baking dish.
8. Combine the yogurt and cheese and spread over the top.
9. Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6 for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!