4 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 x 1.5 kg (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into joints
salt and pepper
1 lb (450 g) tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
2. Remove the onion with a slotted spoon and reserve.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat it.
4. Rub the chicken joints with salt and pepper, then coat with flour.
5. Add to the pan and fry until browned on all sides.
6. Return the onions to the pan with the tomatoes and green peppers, cover and cook for 50 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
7. Add a little stock or water to the pan if the mixture seems too dry.