4 oz (100 g) shortcrust pastry
25 g (1 oz) Cheddar or Parmesan cheese, grated
2 oz (50 g) cream cheese
cheese and celery spread
1. Roll out the dough and cut out rounds about 13.5 cm (1 1/2 inches) in diameter.
2. Place them on all baking sheet and bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
3. Mix together the cheese and cream cheese and beat in cayenne, chives and cheese and celery spread to taste.
4. Spread the cheese mixture over half the pastry rounds.
5. Cut or break the remaining pastry rounds in half and place them on top to represent butterfly wings.
13 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!