4 oz (100 g) fresh breadcrumbs
200 ml (1/3 pint) milk or white stock
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
1 cauliflower, cooked and divided into florets
2 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons browned breadcrumbs
parsley, or tomatoes and grated cheese to garnish
1. Put the fresh breadcrumbs and milk or stock in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the mixture boils and thickens.
2. Stir in the butter and cauliflower. Remove from the heat and mix in the egg yolks, salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the egg whites and fold into the cauliflower mixture.
4. Grease an 18 cm (7 inch) plain mould or cake tin and coat it with the browned breadcrumbs.
5. Spoon in the cauliflower mixture. Place the mould or tin in a roasting tin of hot water and bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 30 to 40 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
6. Turn out onto a warmed serving dish and garnish with parsley, or tomatoes and grated cheese.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!