2 to 4 turkey winglets, skinned, boned and chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 oz (75 g) sausagemeat
pinch of dried mixed herbs
1 egg, beaten
350 g (12 oz) puff pastry
1. Mix together the turkey meat, onion, sausage meat, herbs, salt and pepper and bind with half the egg.
2. Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into four 18 cm (7 inch) rounds.
3. Divide the turkey mixture between the rounds, pressing it into flat cakes.
4. Dampen the pastry edges and fold over. Press together to seal.
5. Place the pasties on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining beaten egg.
6. Bake in a preheated hot oven 220°C (425°F) Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to moderately hot 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 and bake for a further 10 to 20 minutes or until well browned and puffy.
7. Serve hot or cold.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!