3/4 stick (6 Tbsp) 75 g butter or vegetable margarine
90 ml (6 tbls) honey
90 ml (6 tbls) milk
1 cup (125 g) 1/4 lb whole grain (wholemeal or wheatmeal flour)
butter or margarine for greasing
natural (plain) yogurt for serving
1. Put the butter into a bowl and beat it until it is soft.
2. Beat in 30 ml (2 tbls) of the honey.
3. Beat the egg with the milk and beat it into the butter and honey alternately with the flour.
4. Put the remaining honey in the bottom of a light greased 850 ml (1 1/2 pt) or 4 cup heatproof bowl and put the mixture on top.
5. Cover the bowl with buttered greaseproof or waxed paper and a piece of foil.
6. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and lower in the pudding.
7. Steam it for 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure it does not boil dry.
8. Turn the pudding into a dish and serve the yogurt separately to spoon over the top.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!