1 pk (or 1 tablespoon) Active Dry Yeast
1/4 cup Warm Water (110 to 115 degrees)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tea spoon Ground Cardamom
1/4 tea spoon Salt
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cup (230 g) whole wheat flour
1 cup (100 g) All purpose flour
1/4 cup Golden Raisins
1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
2. Combine the sugar, cardamom, salt, egg, milk and oil in a large bowl.
3. Mix well. Add the yeast mixture, flours, raisins and nuts. Mix well.
4. Add enough extra flour to make soft dough.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into a round loaf.
6. Put the dough into a lightly-oiled 8-inch-round cake pan.
7. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
8. Bake in a 350-degree oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until brown.