150 g (5 oz) plain chocolate, coarsely grated
7/8 cup (200 g) 7 oz unsalted butter, cubed
6 eggs, separated
1. Put the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl and place over hot water.
2. Heat gently until the chocolate melts.
3. Gradually beat the butter into the chocolate, a piece at a time.
4. Stir in the egg yolks, one by one.
5. When all have been added and the mixture is smooth, remove the bowl from the heat.
6. In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
7. Fold them into the chocolate mixture.
8. Pour gently into a glass bowl or 6 individual dishes and chill thoroughly before serving.