serves: 6 - 8
170 g can evaporated milk, chilled overnight
284 ml carton cream
1/3 cup (50 g) icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
grated rind of 3 large oranges
juice of 2 large oranges
grated rind and juice of 2 large lemons
1. Place the evaporated milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until it has trebled in bulk.
2. Gradually whisk in the cream and continue whisking until it is very thick and has trebled again.
3. Whisk in the sugar and the fruit rinds and juice.
4. Spoon into a rigid freezerproof container, cover, seal and freeze overnight.
5. Remove from the freezer 15 - 20 minutes before required, to soften slightly. Spoon into individual dishes and serve with fresh fruit and crisp biscuits.