450 g lamb rack, excess fat trimmed from the surface
4 tbsp oil
1 tbls (15 g) 1/2 oz butter
4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
25 g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
3 tbsp lamb seasoing
50 g breadcrumbs
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5.
2. Seal the lamb rack on all sides in a frying pan, then transfer to a roasting tin.
3. In the same frying pan heat the oil and butter, then saute the shallots for 2-3 minutes, add the cranberries, lamb seasoning and breadcrumbs, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Brush the lamb rack with the mustard, then pack on the crumb crust. Place in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes.
5. To serve: Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then cut into cutlets and serve