2 bulbs garlic, top quarter of each removed
1.2 kg (2 1/2 lb) half leg lamb
4 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
20 g pack rosemary, broken into sprigs and washed
2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 lemon, halved
284 ml fresh lamb stock
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5.
2. Break one of the garlic bulbs into cloves.
3. Put the lamb in a roasting tin, pour over the oil; scatter over the garlic cloves, the seasoning and half the rosemary.
4. Roast for 1 hour 25 minutes, basting every 15 minutes. After 55 minutes, add beans, lemon, remaining rosemary and garlic bulb.
5. Pour over stock and cook for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
6. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.