750 g diced lamb
4 tbsp oil
2 onions, peeled and chopped
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
6 cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
4 tbsp ground cumin
6 tbsps curry paste
2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
2 x 410 g cans green lentils, drained
cooked basmati rice
1. Preheat a frying pan over a high heat, add the lamb and dry fry, stirring occasionally, or until the meat is browned on all sides.
2. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the oil to the pan, along with the onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in ground cumin and curry paste. Return the lamb to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Stir in the lentils, and heat through until the meat is tender.
7. Serve with the cooked basmati rice and poppadums.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!