1 1/2 cup (150 g) unbleached plain flour (All purpose)
1 cup (150 g) stoneground wholemeal flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 large size egg
275 ml milk
2 tsp lemon juice
90 ml soya oil
125 g frozen cranberries
1 - 2 tbsp icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
2. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
3. Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
4. Combine the egg, milk, lemon juice and soya oil together in a jug.
5. Then add to the dry ingredients and mix until almost combined.
6. Add the cranberries and quickly mix in.
7. The mixture should still look rough.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray, filling each case two thirds full.
9. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and firm.
10. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.