500 g (18 oz) desert apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz sugar
2 tsp redcurrant jelly
284 ml carton whipping cream
fresh mint and apple slices to serve (optional)
1. Place the apples in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar and cook gently, keeping covered, for 5-6 minutes, until soft.
2. Beat in the cinnamon and redcurrant jelly and leave to cool.
3. Whip the cream until fairly thick, then fold it into the apple purée.
4. Pour into a plastic container, cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
5. Give the ice cream a stir and refreeze for a further 4 - 5 hours, or until completely frozen.
6. Decorate with fresh mint and sliced apple before serving.