100 g cashew nuts
6 lamb chump chops (total weight about 625 g)
4 tbsp oil
2 onions, chopped
350 g jar vegetable sabzi sauce
1/2 lamb stock cube
250 g wholemilk natural yogurt
110 g baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5.
2. Soak the cashew nuts in 100 ml boiling water for 10 minutes until softened, then drain.
3. Brown the lamb chops in half the oil in an ovenproof casserole dish for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the casserole and keep warm. Saute the onions in the remaining oil for 10 minutes.
4. Return the meat to the casserole dish and pour in the vegetable sabzi sauce. Half-fill the empty sauce jar with boiling water and add the lamb stock cube. Put the lid on the jar, shake to dissolve the stock cube, then add the stock to the pan with the yogurt and most of the cashew nuts.
5. Bring to simmering, part cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add the spinach leaves for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
6. Serve the curry sprinkled with the remaining roughly chopped cashews, with basmati rice, Indian Peshwari naan bread and a refreshing beer!