500 g minced lamb
50 g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 small onion, chopped finely
4 tbsp finely chopped fresh or 2 tsps dried oregano
3 smoked back bacon rashers, de-rinded and chopped finely
1/2 medium size egg, beaten
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 wholemeal or granary rolls, split and toasted
shredded iceberg lettuce
1. In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, breadcrumbs, onion, oregano, bacon and seasoning.
2. Bind together with the egg.
3. Divide the mixture into 6, roll into balls and flatten with the palm of your hand. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Place the burgers under a preheated grill/broiler and cook for 5 - 6 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
5. Serve each burger in a warm toasted roll filled with a lettuce and tomato garnish.