500 g pork fillet, diced
500 g belly pork, diced
500 g minced veal
750 g chicken livers chopped
8 tbsp brandy
4 tsps chopped thyme
2 tbsp green peppercorns
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 - 12 rashers streaky bacon, derinded
1. Combine the pork, veal and chicken livers in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the brandy, thyme, peppercorns and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
3. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 1 kg loaf tin.
4. Stretch the bacon and use to cover the PƒÂ¢tƒÂ©.
5. Cover with foil and place in a roasting pan.
6. Pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the pan.
7. Cook in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4. for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Leave to cool in the tin; turn out when cold.
9. Garnish with thyme and lemon slices and serve with toast.
44 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!