15 g fresh yeast
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml beer or Guinness
250 g plain flour (Plus 2 tbsps for dusting the sausages)
1 tsp salt
12 thick pork sausages, defrosted
1. Dissolve the yeast with a little of the beer or Guinness to make a paste. Next gradually add the rest of the beer/Guinness stirring continuously.
2. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast and beer base and mix well to incorporate all. ingredients Leave covered for 1 hour.
3. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4. Alternatively heat the oil to the required temperature in a saucepan.
4. Dust the sausages with the flour then dip in the batter and deep fry for 8 minutes, repeat this process until all sausages have been fried.
5. Drain on absorbant kitchen paper, keeping cooked battered sausages warm in a preheated oven.
6. Serve immediately with homemade chips and baked beans.
39 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!