5 tbsp oil
6 pork chops
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt orange juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 firm pears, peeled, cored and halved
2 tbsp brown sugar
6 thin lemon slices
2 tsps cornflour
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chops and brown on both sides. Arrange in a baking dish, in one layer.
3. Add the onion to the pan and fry until softened. Spoon around the chops and pour over the orange juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the chops are cooked through.
4. Fill each pear half with a little brown sugar and place a lemon slice on each, securing with cloves. Place a pear on each pork chop and bake uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the chops and pears to a warmed serving dish and keep hot. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid and strain into a measuring jug. Make up to 175 ml with water and pour into a saucepan. Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and add to the pan. Cook, stirring until thickened. Pour over the chops before serving.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!