375 g pack puff pastry
500 g pack pork sausagemeat
1 tsp dried thyme
1 onion, finely chopped
198 g can sweetcorn, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium size egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark7.
2. Roll out the pastry until it roughly measures, 30 x 30 cms.
3. Mix together the sausagemeat, thyme, onion, sweetcorn and seasoning.
4. Place the mixture down the centre of the pastry.
5. Cut the pastry into strips down each side of the filling.
6. With water dampen the edges of the pastry and plait it over the filling.
7. Brush the beaten egg over the surface of the pastry and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
8. Allow to stand on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack, if serving cold. Otherwise serve immediately with a green vegetable or salad.