2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 50 g butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500 g mince
2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
450 g frozen spinach
2 tsp dried basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
18 cannelloni tubes
2 x 500 g tubs four cheese sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the mince and brown, then add the tomatoes, spinach, basil and seasoning. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the lid and cook for 5 minutes to thicken. Cool.
4. Fill the cannelloni tubes by piping or spooning the meat mixture in.
5. Then place in a lightly greased shallow ovenproof dish side by side.
6. Gently heat the four cheese sauce, then spoon over the cannelloni.
7. Place in the oven and cook for 30 - 35 minutes.
8. Serve as suggested with a crisp green salad.