1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150 g button mushrooms, wiped and quartered
500 g pork mince
400 g can chopped tomatoes
125 g tomato puree (paste)
1/4 x vegetable stock cube made up with 2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt boiling water
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 g dried macaroni
50 g fresh breadcrumbs
25 g grated parmesan
20 g fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4..
2. For the macaroni base: Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion until softened, then add the garlic and mushrooms and mince and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, herbs, sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook gently for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
4. Cook the macaroni as per pack instructions, then drain and combine with the meat sauce.
5. Transfer to a suitable ovenproof dish. Combine together the topping ingredinets and scatter over the base.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!