serves 4 - 6
75 g ready-to-eat dried prunes
1 garlic clove
salt and freshly ground black pepper
375 g tenderloin pork fillet
6 thin slices of Serrano ham
30 g piece of quince jelly or 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
Watercress (salad cress)
green apple, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
2. Puree the prunes with the garlic and seasoning in a blender.
3. Make a long, deep cut along a pork fillet and fill with the prune mixture. Lay out serrano ham on clingfilm.
4. Place quince jelly or cranberry sauce in a pan over a low heat until softened. Carefully brush the quince jelly or cranberry sauce over the serrano ham and wrap around the pork fillet. Remove the clingfilm and set on a roasting rack, roast for 45 minutes
5. Serve with watercress, green apple and shaved manchego cheese salad.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!