625 g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp paprika
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 thin pork sausages, grilled for 5 minutes to brown
250 g mushrooms, quartered
375 g carton of ready made beef gravy
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
2. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, stir-fry for 5-6 minutes then add the potatoes. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes then add the paprika and seasoning.
4. Spoon the potato mixture into an ovenproof dish. Cut each sausage into 3 cutting on the diagonal and spread over the top of the potatoes. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the pan used for the potatoes, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes and stir in the gravy.Heat through and keep warm.
6. When the hash is ready, remove from the oven, pour over the gravy and serve.