250 g self raising (self rising) flour
1/2 cup (100 g) 4 oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
200 g pack medjool dates, stoned (seeded) and roughly chopped
50 g pecans, roughly chopped
125 ml groundnut (peanut) oil
3 large eggs
3 tbsp vanilla syrup
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) warm water
1. Preheat the oven to to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4..
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl beat the oil with the eggs and vanilla syrup and stir into the dry ingredients.
4. Loosen the mixture with the warm water and spoon into the muffin cases.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!