15 g coriander
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 sticks lemon grass, roughly chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded
2 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
juice and zest of 2 limes
1 medium size egg
salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 g breadcrumbs
1 medium turkey, defrosted if frozen
1 onion, cut in half
1 lemon, cut in half
1 lime, cut in half
3 tbsp oil or butter
1 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
250 ml water or stock
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5. Place all the ingredients for the stuffing into a food processor and process to form the stuffing.
2. Use two thirds to stuff the neck end of the bird and secure the skin closed with 2 cocktail sticks.
3. Stuff the main cavity with the onion, lemon and lime and place in an ovenproof roasting dish.
4. Brush the skin with the oil or butter and roast as per instructions.
5. Use the remaining stuffing to make either stuffing balls or arrange in an ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven for the last 20 minutes.
6. Allow the turkey to rest for 20 minutes once cooked, whilst you make the gravy. Discard the fruit from inside the bird.
7. Meanwhile, make the gravy, remove the fat from the roasting dish, retaining the turkey juices and then add the flour to make a paste. Heat gently and pour in the stock/water, stirring or whisking continually. Boil for 2 minutes and add the lime and coriander. Serve.
28 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!