1. Pour the water into the breadmaker bucket, then add the pesto and oil and half the flour.
2. Sprinkle with the salt, sugar and basil.
3. Cover with the remaining flour and mound the yeast into the centre.
4. Fit the bucket into the breadmaker and set to the programme recommended in the manual (usually basic white or No 1).
5. When ready, carefully shake the loaf out of the bucket on to a wire cooling rack and stand the right way up.
6. If liked, brush with the seected glaze.
7. Leave the loaf for at least an hour before cutting and/or removing the paddle if necessary.