375 ml (13 fl oz) 1 5/8 cups water
2 tbsp oil
3 cups (1 lb) 450 g strong brown (wholemeal) bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
2 tbsp skimmed dried milk powder or granules
2 oz (50 g) 1/2 cup Swiss-style muesli with fruit and nuts
2 tsp instant or fast-acting dried yeast
glaze to taste
1. Pour the water into the bread maker bucket, then add the oil and half the flour.
2. Sprinkle with the salt, sugar, dried milk and muesli.
3. Cover with the remaining flour and mound the yeast into the centre.
4. Fit the bucket into the bread maker and set to the programme recommended in the manual (usually wholemeal).
5. When ready, carefully shake the loaf out of the bucket on to a wire cooling rack and stand the right way up.
6. If liked, brush with the selected glaze.
7. Leave the loaf for at least an hour before cutting and/or removing the paddle if necessary.