1 tbsp (15 ml) polyunsaturated margarine
1/2 small carrot, scrubbed and finely chopped
1/2 small onion, skinned and finely chopped
1/2 celery stick, trimmed and finely chopped
1/2 leek, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, skinned
4 boneless chicken breasts, each about 200 g (7 oz), skinned
7 fl oz (200 ml) chicken stock
50 ml (2 fl oz) low-fat natural yogurt
salt and pepper, to taste
cooked carrot slices and celery sticks, to garnish
1. Melt the margarine in a heavy-based casserole. Add the carrot, onion, celery, leek and whole garlic clove.
2. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
3. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and add the stock.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the breasts are cooked through.
5. Transfer the chicken breasts to a warm plate with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
6. Discard the garlic clove, then pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Return to the pan and reheat. Just before serving, mix in the yogurt and seasoning.
8. Serve the chicken breasts with a little sauce spooned over them and garnished with cooked carrot slices and celery.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!