1.6-1.8 kg (3 1/2 - 4 lb) leg of lamb, well trimmed and boned
apricot halves and Watercress (salad cress) sprigs, to garnish
for the apricot and walnut stuffing
1/4 cup (50 g) ready-to-eat dried apricots, rinsed
40 g (1 1/2 oz) walnut halves, chopped
2 oz (50 g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 egg. size 6
1 tsp (5 ml) dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make the stuffing, chop the apricots and put in a bowl with the walnuts, breadcrumbs, egg and herbs. Mix well and season.
2. Spoon the stuffing into the boned cavity in the lamb, packing down.
3. Using fine string and a trussing needle, sew up the cavity.
4. Place the joint on a meat rack in a roasting pan and cover with foil.
5. Cook at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 1 1/2 hours, until cooked through.
6. Remove the foil 30 minutes before the end of cooking time to brown the meat.
7. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving, garnish and serve.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!