110 g (4 oz) green cabbage, shredded
110 g (4 oz) Chinese cabbage, shredded
2 oz (50 g) bean sprouts
175 g (6 oz) cauliflower florets
2 oz (50 g) green beans, sliced
110 g (4 oz) carrots, cut into matchsticks
110 g (4 oz) radishes, red and white sliced
110 g (4 oz) cucumber, cut into matchsticks
110 g (4 oz) spring onions, sliced
2 oz (50 g) Watercress (salad cress), chopped
8 oz (225 g) potatoes, small new, cooked in their skins until just tender
1/2 small fresh coconut, grated
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
Juice of half fresh lime
Some fresh mint, parsley and coriander to garnish
1. Blanch the cabbage, bean sprouts, cauliflower, green beans and carrots for two minutes then freshen under cold running water until quite cold.
2. Drain thoroughly.
3. Mix the radishes, cucumber, spring onions, watercress and potatoes in a large bowl, cover and chill while preparing the dressing.
4. Bumbu dressing
5. Mix together the coconut and ketchup.
6. Pound in a mortar the chilli powder, garlic and sea salt then add to the coconut mixture.
7. Stir in the lime juice and mix well.
8. Pour the bumbu dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Garnish with the fresh herbs suitably chopped.