serves 4 - 6
175 g (6 oz) shortcrust pastry
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
125 g (4 oz) celery heart, cleaned and sliced
125 g (4 oz) streaky bacon, diced
1 level tsp (5 ml) curry powder
3 eggs, beaten
142 g (5 oz) natural yogurt
salt and freshly ground pepper
8 oz (225 g) tomatoes, skinned and thinly sliced
1. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 21.5 cm (8 1/2 inch), loose-bottomed French fluted flan tin.
2. Bake blind in the oven at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 10 -15 minutes until set.
3. Melt the butter in a small frying pan and saute the celery and bacon until golden brown.
4. Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
5. In a bowl, blend the eggs with the yogurt. Add the pan ingredients and seasoning, and turn into the flan case. Top with tomato slices.
6. Bake in the oven at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for about 25 minutes until golden brown and set. Serve hot or cold.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!