275 - 350 g (10 - 12 oz) tagliatelle or spaghetti
1 stick (8 Tbsp)4 oz (100 g) butter
1 large onion, skinned and sliced
4 oz (100 g) ham, cut into thin strips
4 oz (100 g) frozen peas, cooked
4 tbsp (60 ml) fresh single cream
4 oz (100 g) English Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of fast boiling salted water for about 10 minutes until tender, but not soft. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes until the onion is soft.
3. Add the ham and peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the drained pasta, stir well and then add the fresh cream and most of the cheese.
5. Toss gently, add seasoning and serve at once, sprinkled with the remaining cheese.
30 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!