7 fl oz (200 ml) milk
3/4 cup (75 g) 3 oz plain flour (All purpose)
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 lb (450 g) potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
8 oz (225 g) onion, skinned and thinly sliced
8 oz (225 g) cooked chicken, finely chopped
198 g (7 oz) can sweetcorn, drained
butter and vegetable oil for frying
1. Whisk the milk and eggs together, then beat in the flour and a pinch of salt, until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator.
2. Blanch the potato and onion together in a pan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain well and press out as much liquid as possible.
3. Stir the chicken into the batter with the sweetcorn, potato and onion, and add seasoning to taste.
4. Heat 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) butter and oil in a frying pan. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan, flatten and fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
5. Drain well and keep warm, uncovered, in a low oven. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
23 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!