25 g (1 oz) polyunsaturated margarine
1 small onion, skinned and finely chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh dill or 7.5 ml (1/2 tbsp) dried dill weed
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) dark muscovado sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
60 ml (2 1/2 fl oz) Greek strained yogurt
chopped fresh dill or dill weed, to garnish
1. Score the skin of the cucumber with a fork.
2. Cut into 5 cm (2 inch) lengths, then cut into quarters.
3. Scoop out the seeds, then put the cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
4. Cover with a plate, weigh down, and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
5. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with absorbent paper.
6. Melt the margarine in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes, until soft.
7. Add the cucumber with the dill, sugar and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
9. Garnish with the dill and serve.